Fiji Vaccine Support
Australia has committed $16.9 million for COVID-19 vaccine access during 2020-23 in Fiji.
- 1.4 million vaccine doses delivered to date
- Vaccines from Australia's own supply line
- Vaccines procured through Australia’s agreement with UNICEF
- Training and mobilisation of additional health workers
- Vaccine transportation to remote areas
- Health information systems to support vaccine roll-out
- Communications campaigns to raise awareness and promote vaccination
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation programs
Our Impact So Far:
- Our funding has enabled 97 volunteers to support the Ministry of Health’s vaccination registration process.
- Fiji is using an Australian-developed dashboard to display COVID-19 immunisation data and upgrade the underlying data collection systems.
- Fiji is now using Australia-support health information systems to manage COVID-19 testing results and vaccination certificates.
- We have supported Fiji’s Ministry of Health’s school vaccination campaign targeting 47,000 children aged 15 to 17.
- Australia's TGA provided technical advice to support the approval of the Moderna vaccine for use in adolescents 12-17 years old.