Health Security in the Indo-Pacific Region: Future Programming Priorities
The Indo-Pacific Centre for Health Security is currently exploring future programming priorities in health security. It is anticipated that this will build on achievements to date with a particular focus on the avoidance and containment of infectious disease threats with the potential to cause social and economic harms on a national, regional or global scale.
Roundtable discussions have provided an opportunity to reflect on Australia's investment in health security to date and to commence dialogue on future health security programming priorities for our region.
Previous roundtable discussions include:
- Sydney, NSW - 20 April 2022
- Melbourne, VIC - 11 May 2022
- GEDSI - 12 May 2022
- Brisbane - 18 July 2022
- Perth, WA - 19 August 2022.
Thematic Deep Dives are part of our series of discussions on future programming and have provided the opportunity for in-depth discussions on a particular topic. These virtual discussions were open to our current partners and interested partners/organisations.
Thematic discussions included:
- Laboratory strengthening - 18 and 19 May 2022
- Data for decision making and surveillance - 24 May 2022
- Field epidemiology - 17 June 2022
- Vector-borne diseases and vector control - 14 June 2022
- Outbreak response and preparedness - 31 May 2022
- One Health - 21 June 2002
- Community engagement - 22 June 2022
- Infection Prevention and Control; and Antimicrobial Resistance - 16 May 2022
- Immunisation - 18 May 2022
- PDPs, Product Development and Deployment - 14 June 2002