Health Security in the Indo-Pacific Region: Future Programming Priorities
The Indo-Pacific Centre for Health Security is currently exploring future programming priorities in health security. It is anticipated that this will build on achievements to date with a particular focus on the avoidance and containment of infectious disease threats with the potential to cause social and economic harms on a national, regional or global scale.
Roundtable discussions will provide an opportunity to reflect on Australia's investment in health security to date and to commence dialogue on future health security programming priorities for our region.
The upcoming roundtable discussions are listed below:
- Darwin, NT
- Brisbane, QLD
- Perth, WA
Dates and other details for upcoming roundtables will be shared on this page shortly.
Thematic Deep Dives are part of our series of discussions on future programming and will provide the opportunity for in-depth discussions on a particular topic. These virtual discussions are open to our current partners and interested partners/organisations.
Thematic discussions will include:
- Laboratory strengthening
- Data for decision making and surveillance - 24 May 2022
- Field epidemiology training
- Vector-borne diseases and vector control - Tuesday 14 June 2:00-3.30pm Click here to register.
- Outbreak response and preparedness - Tuesday 31 May 2022 1pm-2.30pm Click here to register.
- One Health
- Community engagement
- Infection Prevention and Control; and Antimicrobial Resistance - 16 May 2022
- Immunisation - 18 May 2022
- PDPs, Product Development and Deployment - Tuesday 14 June 9:00-10.30pm Click here to register.
Further details on thematic deep dives are forthcoming.
Previous roundtable discussions and deep dives include:
- Sydney, NSW - 20 April 2022
- Melbourne, VIC - 11 May 2022
- GEDSI - 12 May 2022