Kiribati Vaccine Support
- 50,500 vaccine doses delivered to date from Australia's own supply line
- Vaccine doses procured through Australia’s agreement with UNICEF
- Training for health workers
- Waste management in health facilities
- Communications campaigns to raise awareness and promote vaccination in the community
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation programs
Our Impact So Far
- NCIRS provided policy advice to share with the Kiribati Ministry of Health on breakthrough cases by vaccine type and COVID-19 variants.
- Supported the delivery of COVID-19 vaccines to Kiribati outer islands. Supporting the assessment of the enabling environment for water, sanitation and hygiene in healthcare facilities through the stock-taking and review of existing guidelines and policies.
21,000 Australian-shared COVID-19 vaccines for Kiribati
Australian-shared COVID-19 vaccines and consumables arrive in Kiribati via Pacific Flights Program flights.
Australian regulator puts vaccines to the test
Australia has shared millions of COVID-19 vaccines with our neighbours. Each vaccine batch has passed an independent ‘batch release assessment’ to confirm consistent safety, efficacy and quality.