Samoa Vaccine Support
- 54,000 vaccine doses delivered to date from Australia's own supply line
- COVID-19 vaccines procured through Australia's UNICEF Partnership
- Health information systems to support vaccine roll-out
- Waste management in health facilities
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation programs
Our Impact So Far
- Therapuetic Goods Administration and National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance experts have partnered to provide joint advice to officials on the benefits and risks of using the AstraZeneca vaccine.
- Through our support, Samoa is using their Australian-developed immunisation register to monitor vaccination rates in different districts to better target outreach and communication activities.
- Recruitment is underway for a specialist in waste management in health facilities.
Download a Factsheet: Samoa Vaccine Support
Data paves the way for equality in Samoa’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout
With Australian support, the Samoan Government is using the Tamanu platform to help track patients who have been immunised to ensure that no one is left behind.
Australian regulator puts vaccines to the test
Australia has shared millions of COVID-19 vaccines with our neighbours. Each vaccine batch has passed an independent ‘batch release assessment’ to confirm consistent safety, efficacy and quality.