Lead: Doctor Leanne Robinson, Burnet Institute
PNG has a substantial burden of endemic and emerging diseases. There is a pressing need for continuous surveillance, rapid diagnosis and real-time tracking of emerging and resurgent infectious diseases. This project will evaluate and implement real-time surveillance for malaria and other vector-borne illnesses in PNG and will provide early warning of drug-resistance and insecticide resistant vectors. The project will also strengthen PNG’s outbreak response capability by providing decision support tools to frontline healthcare workers and policymakers.
- The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- James Cook University
- Australian Army Malaria Institute
- Papua New Guinea Institute of Medical Research
- Central Public Health Laboratory, Papua New Guinea
- Papua New Guinea National Department of Health