Timor-Leste Vaccine Support
- 1,187,350 vaccine doses delivered to date
- Vaccines from Australia’s supply
- Vaccines procured through Australia’s UNICEF Partnership
- Cold chain and supply chain management
- Advocacy and demand generation
- Identifying target populations
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation programs
Our Impact So Far
- An Australian public health physician has been deployed to support the Timorese Ministry of Health to plan and implement its COVID-19 vaccination program.
- The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) worked with regulators in Timor-Leste to assess AstraZeneca vaccines supplied by Australia to support approval for local use.
- Experts from the TGA and the National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance (NCIRS) partnered to provide advice to Timor-Leste health officials and clinicians on the benefits and risks of using the AstraZeneca vaccine, including specific advice from NCIRS on adverse events following vaccination.
Photo: Amelia and Maricana showing vaccination certificates. Credit: DFAT.
Australian expert supports Timor-Leste rollout
Australia is working with the Timor-Leste Ministry of Health (MoH) to support COVID-19 vaccine roll out plans.
Australian regulator puts COVID-19 vaccine to the test
Australia has shared millions of COVID-19 vaccines with our neighbours. Each vaccine batch has passed an independent ‘batch release assessment’ to confirm consistent safety, efficacy and quality.