Tonga Vaccine Support
- 19,000 vaccine doses delivered to date from Australia's own supply line
- COVID-19 vaccines procured through Australia's Partnership with UNICEF
- Waste management in health facilities
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation programs
Our Impact So Far
- Purchase of one Ecosteryl medical waste disposal unit at Vaiola Hospital and two medical waste incinerators for the islands of Ha’apai and ‘Eua, to be delivered in the last quarter of 2021.
- The Therapuetic Goods Administration has supported the Government of Tonga to assess the AstraZeneca vaccine supplied by Australia for local use.
Download a Factsheet: Tonga Vaccine Support
Australian volunteer Georgia Lack has played a key part in the COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Tonga.
Australian regulator puts COVID-19 vaccine to the test
Australia has shared millions of COVID-19 vaccines with our neighbours. Each vaccine batch has passed an independent ‘batch release assessment’ to confirm consistent safety, efficacy and quality.