Tuvalu Vaccine Support
- 8,800 vaccine doses delivered to date from Australia's own supply line
- 11,700 COVID-19 vaccines procured through Australia's partnership with UNICEF
- Communications campaigns to raise awareness and promote vaccination in the community
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation
Our Impact So Far
- Supported risk communication and community engagement interventions such as house-to-house visits and community dialogues, radio interventions, distribution of pamphlets and stickers, to verify vaccination status in each household and motivate eligible unvaccinated people to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
- A total of 11,000 people (approximately 3,700 households) were reached, many of them several times.
- Australian support contributed to a rise in full vaccination coverage from 47% in July to 74% by the end of September.
Download a Factsheet: Tuvalu Vaccine Support