Vanuatu Vaccine Support
- 100,000 vaccine doses delivered to date from Australia's own supply line
- COVID-19 vaccines procured through Australia’s agreement with UNICEF
- Training, redeployment of routine nursing staff and mobilisation of retired nurses to supplement the existing health workforce in support of national vaccination rollout
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation programs
Our Impact So Far
- Training of 30 healthcare workers on administering the AstraZeneca vaccine and 12 Red Cross volunteers received training on data entry at vaccination sites in Sanma province, contributing to the province reaching 40% first dose coverage.
- Cold chain storage capacity was also expanded for COVID-19 vaccines in Sanma, and a large site for vaccination was established to serve the entire province.
Download a Factsheet: Vanuatu Vaccine Support
Australian-shared COVID-19 vaccine doses arrive in Vanuatu
Australian has shared 70,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses with Vanuatu in 2021.
Australian regulator puts COVID-19 vaccines to the test
Australia has shared millions of COVID-19 vaccines with our neighbours. Each vaccine batch has passed an independent ‘batch release assessment’ to confirm consistent safety, efficacy and quality.