Vietnam Vaccine Support
- 7,791,900 adult vaccine doses delivered to date
- 14,469,000 paediatric vaccine doses delivered to date
- COVID-19 vaccine doses from Australia’s own supply line
- COVID-19 vaccine doses procured through Australia’s agreement with UNICEF
Supporting National Vaccine Rollout
- Cold chain equipment
- Training health workers
- Vaccine rollout in remote provinces
- 5 million syringes
- Risk communications
- Monitoring deployment
- Strengthening systems to ensure vaccine safety
- Using evidence to build quality immunisation programs
Our Impact So Far
- Our funding purchased over 1,900 cold-chain refrigerators for Vietnam to replace ageing refrigeration units and ensure cold chain capacity for remote and hard-to-reach communities.
- Our funding supported UNICEF to develop a suite of health communications about how to administer COVID-19 vaccines for local Centers for Diseases Control (CDCs) across 63 provinces and deliver online training to implement the COVID-19 vaccination program in Vietnam.
- Our funding also helped UNICEF conduct a nationwide survey on the behavioural and social drivers concerning the COVID- 19 vaccine to inform the vaccination campaign.
* Funding includes Vaccine Access and Health Security Initiative, Quad Vaccine Partnership and bilateral funding.
Download a Factsheet: Vietnam Vaccine Support
Photo: Safety boxes provided by Australia. Credit: UNICEF Vietnam.