A highly skilled, coordinated and supported workforce is the bedrock of a health system. Australia’s Indo-Pacific Centre for Health Security is working with countries in the Indo-Pacific to train, mentor and upskill health workers and develop professional networks.
We will invest in training across the whole spectrum of health security areas, including field epidemiology, laboratories, vector control, animal health, surveillance, policy and infection prevention and control. This will help build a health workforce with capacity to anticipate, avert and arrest infectious disease threats and outbreaks.
Explore the projects funded under the Workforce theme:
- ASEAN-Australia Health Security Fellowship Program
- Health Security Corps
- Strengthening veterinary workforce in Asia-Pacific for infectious disease detection and response
- Pacific Evidence Informed Policies and Programs
- Field Epidemiology in Action - Strengthening outbreak detection and response
- Accelerating the Development of Evidence-based Policy and Practice (ADEPPt) in Papua New Guinea